Our veterinary dermatology team specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin, ear, and nail disorders.
Skin disorders are common but frustrating problems in pets. Without effective treatment, these disorders can develop into serious health issues. Here at WVRC, we strive to find the root of the problem and focus on sustainable long-term management.
Our dermatology team will work in conjunction with you and your regular veterinarian to provide the comprehensive care your pet needs.
Our team is here to help with all types of dermatologic problems. Dr. Mazulis has extensive training in the management of allergic, infectious (e.g., bacterial, fungal, viral), parasitic, congenital, and autoimmune skin diseases, dander related skin disorders, alopecia (hair loss), and benign and malignant skin cancers. The dermatology team also specializes in the management of chronic infections and inflammatory conditions of the ears, which are generally related to skin disorders, allergies, hair coat changes, acute and chronic ear problems, and auto-immune diseases, to name a few of the more common conditions.
Seeking early consultation with our dermatology team can help to manage your pet’s skin and ear problems more safely and effectively, and often more economically.
Management of Dermatological Conditions, Including:
- Allergic Dermatitis and Flea Allergy Dermatitis
- Atopy (Environmental Allergies)
- Autoimmune Skin Diseases
- Bacterial Skin Diseases and Infections
- Drug Reactions
- Ear Diseases and related conditions of the ear canal
- Ectoparasitic Skin Diseases
- Endocrine/Metabolic Skin Diseases and disorders
- Feline Skin Diseases
- Food Allergies
- Fungal Skin Diseases, and Infections (including ringworm)
- Immunologic Skin Diseases
- Oncologic Skin Diseases
- Parasitic Infections
- Viral infections
- Bacterial Cultures
- Bulla CT
- Deep Ear Cleanings/Flushings (including myringotomies under general anesthesia)
- Middle Ear Sampling
- Fine Needle Aspirates
- Food Elimination Diets
- Fungal Cultures
- Intradermal and Serologic Allergy Testing
- Impression Cytology
- Hyposensitization Treatments for Pets with Environmental Allergies
- Skin Biopsies
- Skin and Ear Cytologies
- Skin Scrapings
- Video Otoscopic Examination
- Wood’s Lamp Examination